Most of the time, baking requires a lot of work and when it comes to chocolate I am always messy with it. But when cravings kicked it, I always scour the kitchen if any ingredients are available to make such. If not, I would just buy it.
For those who would like to bake it from scratch and a little lazy, here is a recipe to give a try!
Chocolate Tart Crust:
230g Hong Kong flour or plain flour
120g butter (cut into cubes)
75g icing sugar
12g cocoa powder
- Combine flour, sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Rub in butter and flour mixture until it resembles into crumbs.
- Add in the eggs and mix well into a dough.
- Let the dough rest for an hour or overnight..
- Grease tart pans with butter before rolling dough into the pan.
- Prick little holes at the dough crust base and fill it with baking weights. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180°C, for 20 – 25 minutes.
300g semi-sweet dark chocolate coverture
300ml whip cream
- Simmer cream in a pot. Ensure that the cream did not burn at the bottom by occasional stirring. Once little bubbles form at the side and you can see steam, turn off the heat.
- Add butter and mix till melted.
- Add the mixture into a bowl of chocolate coverture and leave it to melt for 5 minutes. Before mixing it till it becomes glossy.
- Spread a thin layer of berries jam or compote at the bottom of the tart crust before pouring the ganache in.
- Refrigerate for an hour for the ganache to set.